Thursday, January 29, 2009

God’s Promises

‘God’s Promises’ is a song Darryl recently recorded and that he and I wrote a few years back. If you would like to hear it and some of the other songs on his CD go to www.myspace.com/darrylmarini The CD can be purchased from there as well. This is a small devotion written for that song.

Jim Elliot said, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." I believe that one of the biggest problems we have is perspective. We are blind to so many things and see only a small part of a picture that is very, very big. We are near-sighted and facing eternity. We look for the hand of God, but are blind to His presence. We strain to hear His voice, but are deaf to its sound and without divine intervention we are lost. But God has intervened. More than that, He has promised, made a covenant with us, with all flesh on the earth. And He has come and revealed Himself in a very tangible way through the person of Jesus Christ.

The song, ‘God’s Promises’ was written in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. A reminder that like the first rainbow there is hope beyond the flood, light beyond the darkness, life that is more powerful than the grave, and an inheritance that will not fade away. There are the promises of God which stand forever.


Hear my cry, O God; Attend to my prayer.

From the end of the earth I will cry to You,

When my heart is overwhelmed;

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I. ~Psalm 61:1-2

No comments: