Monday, January 7, 2008

Decision 2008

Decision 2008
I guess all the election talk has got to me, thus my title, but it is great to know that what ever decisions are made whether for a country or in our individual lives we do not need to fear as we seek and ask the Lord for guidance, knowing that if we ask for bread, He will not give us a stone (Matt. 7:9).

As many of you are aware, my family and I have been at a crossroads in our lives whether we were to venture up to St. Helena in the Napa Valley and be involved in the work the Lord is doing up there, or…? And that has been the
haunting question for us, if not there Lord, what and where?
Back in November I met with a pastor and friend for advice in this matter and was counseled then to stop traveling back and forth to St. Helena for a time and instead be still and listen for God’s direction. That has proven to be valuable and healing advice as I was able to slow down enough to take care of and enjoy the needs of my family over the holidays and though it was a wilderness Christmas, it has been one that I will forever cherish.
In this time Corinne and I believe that the Lord has spoken to us in a clear and practical way to stay put here where we are and not pursue ministry in St. Helena. As far as that future question mark, well it’s still there, but I can share a few of things currently taking place.
  • First, I am and will be training dogs here in the So Cal. area as a means of make a living (appreciate prayer for this).
  • Second, I have been invited to lead worship back at C. C. Montebello a couple of times a month, which if you know me has been therapy and an absolute joy!
  • And third, I’ve been asked to lead a home study by a few old friends, and received encouragement in this from my same friend and pastor. With that said we are currently praying about when and where this will take place.
This has not been an enjoyable journey especially seeing my family have to go through it all. It’s easy to lose sight of what we want to accomplish in our lives, when we encounter hardship during that pursuit. I received an encouraging comment on one of my blogs recently that helped me remember some important things. The comment was from a High School friend who I haven’t been in touch with for close to thirty years, she wrote “Its nice to read about what you are doing and to see that your priorities are the same as they were when I last saw you many years ago”. I remember those priorities, I felt that God put them deep within me and I pray I never cease pursuing them.
… to know the Lord and to make Him known.

No comments: