Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Latest

Well I don’t know if this blog is going to be much more than informative, but hopefully it will have more value than just that. I also hope you all are doing well, I have enjoyed hearing from you and keeping up with what’s happening in your lives as well.
Corinne and I have been able to visit our son Samuel twice since he’s been at Camp Pendleton and we’re hoping he will have liberty again in the next two weeks before going off to Florida for his continued training. However, we’ve heard rumors of the possibility of his continued training happening at Camp Pendleton instead of Florida, which would be great for us to have him close to home for a bit longer. Jordan has gone out of state twice now and is currently working in Louisiana (for an unknown period of time) doing underwater welding, with the possibility of getting full time work out there which has kept us on our toes (or should I say on our knees). Daniel and Lauren are still here with us at home and doing well.

With all that’s happening with the two boys, Corinne and I are so glad we are still here in Southern California and that we’ve able to be a support to them during these transition in their lives. We feel reassured that it was the right decision for us to stay down here in at this time.

Last week was a busy and a very exciting week for us as we began the home study at John and Tammy’s house. Corinne and I have been getting together with 5 other couples and praying about how and when to start a study and in just a week’s time we all decided to “go for it”.
It was a great evening and everyone seemed to really enjoy the time and the opportunity to sing, study and meet new friends. We were all very excited about what happened and look forward to this Friday as well. We are guessing there were around 40 people there, but more exciting than how many were there, was that they didn’t want to leave afterwards, but just stayed, talked, and enjoyed each other’s company.

I was also asked to speak the following evening at a musicians get together at the Carnegie building in Upland (and got to “jam” a little as well). It was a lot of fun and I had some great conversation as well. On top of that, I was invited to speak that Sunday morning at Calvary Chapel Pomona Valley while Jeff and Karen were down in Vizcaino, Mexico.
More than the teaching I was able to enjoy being a part of and praying with people and what things are happening in their lives; things that are important like children leaving the home, working out of state, or joining the military. I was
able to talk to moms in the same situation as Corinne and pray with couples going through physical hardship or pray with others who, like me, have desires to do more for God and step into a work that is bigger than we are (though I suppose any work of God is bigger than we are).

Well, that’s the tip of the Scotti iceberg. I appreciate all the prayers and concern you’ve shown to my family and myself.

…Sanctify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do wonders among you. (Joshua 3:5)

4 comments:

What We Believe said...

Hey Sam and fam...

Good to hear about your family and the latest. Love the news on the home study and ministry opportunities. Yeah!

We are getting trained out up here, but still floating.

I love the iceberg picture, but it is a bit off. Supposedly, only ten percent of an iceberg shows above water, so that makes your point even mo' betta.

I felt like the Joshua verse at the bottom was a prophectic word for me.....hmmm...I better check my pda.

Love ya guys.....Bill

Eric Flores said...

Hey Sam! It was good to see you New Year's Eve. Great update! I am very happy for you and all the ministry opportunities presented to you. I am excited to see what the Lord will do through you with that study. Even more excited it is at John's house! Also, thanks for linking my blog to yours. Well, God bless you and your family broham and keep those updates coming!
Eric

Peter D Claproth said...

Hey Sam, thanks for your thots. Like Bill, the scripture is for me in a prophetic sense. This is the second time I have seen it. Did you use it before recently? Anyway, I still have the 'Nashville' guitar you sold me when you were probably 16 yrs old (or at least you looked the young) at that Pomona store. Need to pull it out and play it! - Pete

Sam Scotti said...

Hey guys, thanks for keeping in touch.
Bill, just remember when checking the PDA, that a day is as a thousand years, so it doesn't always show right away. And Lauren says hi.

Eric, I will let John know you enthusiasm, he's doing very good right now.

Pete, brutha from down unda (all i could come up with), I've been thinking of you a lot lately and hearing about you via Gil. Appreciate your thoughts from afar as well.