Thursday, September 27, 2007

Something About Friends

Something About Friends



As I have been home the past two weeks as opposed to traveling up north for the dog training and teaching in St. Helena, it has been nice staying in my own home and sleeping in my own bed. Another nice thing has been the meetings I have had with friends. There were two get together this week, one was with those who have been with me on worship teams over the years and the other was for a couple of great guys who were up for a short time from Vizcano Mexico.
Its funny how we get used to things, like our favorite pillow or restaurant, it’s comforting having a familiarity that takes away the apprehension of uncertainty. For example whenever I go out to eat at the Macaroni grill, I always order the Shrimp Portofino. Now I have tried a lot of other dishes, but that one has always stood out above the others for me. So whenever I go there to eat (which is not very often), and everyone around is looking at their menu wondering, I just sit back eat all the bread because I already know what I want, and it is something I have always enjoy.


There is a similar familiarity with my friends and it’s a good thing. I’ve know some of them for years, and others not as long, but I have enjoyed the time with them so much, it has been rich, warm, and refreshing. Some of my friends have poured out their hearts to me, and I too have been able to open my soul to some of them as well. There is a comfort knowing that I am with people I know and who know me, and even though some of them know me very well, they still seem to like me anyway.

Love is an unusual commodity, I really believe it is limitless. When Corinne and I had our first kids
(the twins) I could not believe how my heart grew in love for these two boys and when our third son and then daughter were born, I never had to divide the love I had for the first two and now split it 4 ways, my heart just continued to grow more and more. The problem isn’t that there is not enough love; the problem is there isn’t enough time. Which is why I like spending time with those I love and which is why it was so nice to see everyone together these two times, it was like going to all my favorite restaurants and getting to order my favorite meal from each

… and still have room for desert.

May the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows. – 1 Thes. 3:13

No comments: