Friday, September 28, 2007

September Update

September Update
The dog training has been really slow down here; in fact it hasn’t happened at all. I almost went out on one call, but the company owner called me and said he didn’t care for the trainer I was supposed to go out with, and would rather I didn’t go. So… he’s the boss and I didn’t go. Hopefully things will change here soon, but until then it looks like I will be doing more traveling up to Sacramento which is kind of a bummer.

We have heard from our son Samuel (who left for the Marines on 9-11-07) three times now, which is somewhat of a miracle if you know Samuel at all. He’s written once to grandparents and twice to us. Of course it’s been good to hear from him and we have been encouraged that he has gone to the church service twice and is asking for us to please pray for him as he has a cough and does not want to get pneumonia, so please pray with us for this.

Corinne and I will be going to Jeff’s mom’s memorial service tomorrow up in Ventura and then I will be continuing my way to the Valley for the weekend and Corinne will head back home. Next week it looks like I will be going up to Sacramento on Wednesday for the dog training, Corinne Lauren and Alyssa will pick me up sometime Friday and the four of us will then go up Valley for the Rock of Ages festival and the Sunday services in Napa and St. Helena.

It has been a bit strange for us in that it feels as if we are somewhat living in two worlds (Northern and Southern CA), yet not entirely living in either one. It is mentally fatiguing and we keep getting dates mixed up and are constantly dependant on Outlook to let us know what is planned. I recently purchased a laptop (which was supposed to arrive today), this will help me when I am away with my studies.. I had hoped to get it up and running before this weekend, but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen, maybe by next week.

I can’t tell you how we appreciate all the prayer, support (helped buy the laptop) and encouragement that all of you have given to us, you have no idea how timely it has been and how it has lifted our spirits. Thank you sooooooo much.

Much love,
Sam & Corinne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val & I just returned from Palo Alto about 15 minutes ago. The drive was long but enjoyable as we went up for about 36 hours just to watch Travis run in a meet at Stanford. As we were driving, we talked about the travel you guys have been doing and how exhausting it must be. Then on the way home we saw two Marines semi trucks. They were bright red with the Marine symbol on them. It was like a billboard from God saying "pray for Samuel" so we did. As I read your blog I wanted to share God is keeping your family and your needs in our hearts and minds. We continue to pray for and expect amazing things from His hands to you and your family.