Saturday, September 15, 2007

Starting Over

Starting Over

Sept. 15, 2007
Well I am up in Roseville right now which is by Sacramento and then off to St. Helena tomorrow afternoon. Today as I was on another "ride-along" for a dog training lesson, the trainer I was riding along with asked me why I wanted to start learning how to train dogs? I have to confess my first thought was not a happy one, it had to do with the word "start" and starting over.






There is always this feeling I get when I am starting a new line of work (and I've done this quite a bit). It's this humbling "I don't know what I'm doing can you please help me?" feeling.The second thing I thought was a bit better, it was that the only real reason I am doing this, or anything I've done the past 20+ years, Is so I can make a living to provide for my family and that will allow me to continue to tell people this great news about who Jesus really is. Now I didn't put it in those words when I told the trainer I was riding along with, but I did get to tell her how this is what I really love to do. Bottom line, I want to live for Jesus "full time" and any 40 hour a week part time job that helps me do that is ok with me. Besides, it's good to be humbled now and then,
...it helps me with my full time job.

3 comments:

Tim said...

Sometimes when it's late at night I like to look at a lava lamp. im just throwing that out there. Also its not real lava but I guess that "gentle flow of randomly-shaped clumps of wax lamp" dosent sound cool. Well dont get me started on that. I love Lamp. I miss my pastor!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you set this up for those of us yet to venture into "my space". I missed reading the new posts on the E-3 site. Whether we are seeing you face to face or not, you are still being used powerfully by God to make us think about our walk with Him. My heart gets stirred, challenged and inspired as I read each of these. Please keep writing them....often.

Mary said...

I too am thankful that you write these thoughts... although I miss editing them for you, Sam. Not that they need editing. They are perfect. I've enjoyed all your writings except the coffee analogy. I keep the lid on cuz it stays warm and I can enjoy it longer that way. If I flip my lid, well, maybe that ship has sailed. Nevermind.